About the department
The Department of Chemistry was established in 1965 offering undergraduate general course. The honours curriculum was introduced under CBCS from the session 2018-2019.
- Good stock of chemicals and glass goods
- The instrumental room is well-equipped with all the necessary instruments for conducting the practical classes
- The department has computer and laptop with internet facility
- Departmental library has an extensive number of books both pertaining to curriculum as well as for reference work.
- Fire-extinguishers are placed in the laboratory
- Maintenance of the laboratory is carried out with proper safety measures (e.g. checking of leakage in the gas pipelines)
- Proper disposal of laboratory wastes
- use of ICT for student centric learning
- special classes conducted in smart rooms
- distribution of study materials as and when required
|Associate professor ||Assistant professor ||Part-time teacher (Govt. approved ||Guest lecturer ||Laboratory attendant
Details of Ph.D. Awards received by Faculty
|Name of Faculty ||Field of research ||Awarded from
|Radioanalytical Chemistry with special reference to carrier-free radioisotopes of third transition series elements produced through Nuclear Activation Techniques.
Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
|Coordination chemistry of some new transition and inner-transition metal complexes derived from multidentate N,O-donor Schiff base ligands.
|Studies on Synthesis and Structure of Cationic Ruthenium(II) Complexes and Their Efficiency as Catalysts for Transfer Hydrogenation.
|Dr. Jisha Hazra
||Photoassociation (PA) Spectroscopy and atom-atom cold collision
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science,